Monday, July 20, 2009

Mike and Brittany: Betta Breeders Extrordinare (ha!)


Mike and I are attempting to breed Ares and our new Crowntail female, Fiona. So far, it's a slow work in progress... but if it pays off, the fry will be beautifully stunning and our efforts will have been well spent. I'll keep updating as things progress.

UPDATE: We decided (after HOURS of trying to get Ares to build a bubblenest) to switch out Ares with Raiden. So far, this match has had a better courting experience, with Raiden swimming circles around Fiona's container, and Fiona throwing her own displays as well.

UPDATE: We woke up this morning and found, to our dismay, that Raiden had not built a bubblenest for Fiona. Although this discerns me some, I have faith that Raiden will eventually build the nest; I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

UPDATE: Raiden has begun building his bubblenest! *le gasp!* I am so excited!

UPDATE: A few days ago, I woke up and checked on the mice, and then went to feed Ares. After feeding him, I went to check on Raiden and Fiona- and couldn't find Fiona.... after looking around, I noticed her laying on the bottom, very much dead. Apparently, Raiden got tired of her not submitting to him and ripped her belly out... May she swim her heart out in Fishy Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment