Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ah... the Family

Yesterday Mike and I went running around like chickens with our heads cut off. After I took him to work and picked him up later, we ran out to the Verizon store to fix his brick of a phone.... Radio possessed it and made his software update freak the phone itself out, causing the phone to become a technological brick. After we got that fixed, and he got a refurbished phone, I ran him to the bank so he could get a new bank card. Then we ran home, got ready, and then ran out so I could get gas. The gas station would not acknowledge my card, and so the clerk came out to the pump, watched me attempt to prepay with my card, and then had me prepay INSIDE so that I could pump gas and be on my merry way... it took over 10 minutes.... after that fiasco, Mike and I finally got on the road to head down to my Grandmother's in Fredericksburg. I took I95 and actually made some pretty good time... there was a traffic-fuckcluster at Massaponax though, due to an accident involving a trash truck and a sports car...but after that it was relatively smooth sailing to Fredericksburg. We ate there, visited, and she gave me a Garmin GPS system. I told her that if she ever spent that much money on me again, I would have to smack her, but that I appreciated it and really loved it. Mike was in tech-heaven the whole way back home after he set it up... it was quite funny. After visiting my Grandmother for a few hours (she also gave us a bunch of food... *shakes head*) we went and visited my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Ed 5 minutes down the road. Mike played with their cats.... he's such a goof... but I still love him so very much. We stayed for about an hour or so before we got on the road again, using my GPS to help us get home- it really is cool. You can hook up the cell phone to it via Bluetooth and Mike got it to play through my speakers and he also got it to play music and a bunch of other cool stuff, including answering and making phone calls! My Grandmother called us and at the end, she said "Love you guys," causing Mike to smile and then he said that he loved her too! It made me so happy.... and then Mike and I saw something that we thought was like a UFO-like experience thing... a HUGE aqua-colored flash TWICE in the sky... it lit the sky up like lightning would have, but it was just freaking awesome regardless of what it was... and the moon last night was epic and beautiful too... and when we actually got home I called my Grandmother and she told me to tell Mike that she loved him, and I did... and he smiled even more... I am really thankful and overjoyed that my family is accepting Mike like they are and that they are truly treating him like he's part of the family now... which he is, because he makes me so happy and my family has told me that if I'm happy, that's all that matters... Grandmother told me last night that she loves Mike because I love him, and because she knows how he makes me feel and that I am being taken care of and loved like no other has done before him.... *long contented sigh*... and now I've probably written yet another essay-esque blog entry... Sorry Mike =P <3

No comments:

Post a Comment