Friday, May 8, 2009

FFA Banquet

The FFA Banquet was a success. It took a lot of preparation to get everything in order, but all in all I had an amazing time. After running myself ragged (literally; I collapsed in Chemistry today and just felt beyond exhausted) helping the Officer Team with cooking, inserts, scheduling, and other things, I am more than pleased with the event. I had to wear official FFA dress of black slacks, white button-up shirt, black heels, FFA tie, and of course, the FFA Jacket; I always love Official Dress because I rarely ever get to wear it and my jacket means a lot to me. My experience tonight was an emotional one; happiness because I won the Chapter Proficiency Award in the Ag. Communications Division, slight embarrassment due to technological difficulties on my behalf in my video presentation (the music began too early and two songs were playing at the same time as a result, but it was only for about fifteen seconds), and sadness since one of our Advisors is relocating out of state, and Whitney and Kaitlyn were making me get all emo and almost start crying; I <3 both of them though… they are both like sisters to me. The FFA really means a lot to me personally, because the Officer Team members were some of the first friends I made when I moved here, Whitney and Kaitlyn in particular. The FFA was and is the only club that I belong to, and I devote myself entirely to it. I even hold a special place on the Team- I’m not an Officer, but I am an Honorary Member and receive about 90% of the same treatment that the actual Officers get. Hard work and dedication go a long way in Life.
------------

The drive home tonight was absolutely beautiful. I had the full moon to my left and a storm in front of me, lightning illuminating the sky like I couldn’t believe. I drove home with the windows down, taking in the night air and feeling the electricity course through it. Even as I sit upon my bed, God’s Fireworks are putting on a gorgeous display to an orchestra of crickets, tree frogs, and thunder.

A soft whisper outside of my window can be heard tonight-
The rain taps gently on the glass,
The wind rustles the leaves on the willow trees,
And a chorus of frogs completes the symphony.
-
Electricity charges up the air;
There’s a storm moving in-
I count the seconds between each flash.
-
Any moment the sky will open up, unleashing its power and fury;
All of it beautiful,
All of it grand.
------------

To the one to whom I owe the current smile on my face, despite the fact of how near exhausted I am; to the one to whom I am writing for, Thank You. If I could hug you at the moment I would. Your words did not hurt me, as I told you earlier. You did not upset me; I am sorry that my own words came across as pained, I was merely frustrated and nearly running on empty, as I am now. Forgive me. I know you are busy tonight, and I hope you are having fun; I just wanted you to know that I was glad that I got to talk to you this evening, even if it was brief. And I am equally glad to discover more about your feelings- I’m not sure how this will come across, but I am figuring that you will understand what I am about to say. Your feelings and emotions present a challenge for me, though I feel that it is a good challenge and one that I simply cannot turn away from. Of course, that last part is almost contradictory, as I never back down from a challenge- it is a part of who I am. Don’t get me wrong, I know my limitations and have set boundaries for myself (yet another contradiction), but when it comes to things that I find and feel pose a real challenge, I just can’t quit and walk away. In a weird way, it’s like a drug, but anyway, I digress. Which reminds me, thank you again for helping me to open my eyes; I have been going blindly down a path with a certain “friend” with whom I thought our relationship was mending; oh how very wrong I was, and it is because of you that I now realize this. I found your incorporation of our conversation last night in your last blog mildly entertaining; your take on it is much the same as mine. I, too, agree that only one thought center can be used at a time- any more than one and you’re overloaded.

--------------

I am going to bed now (or rather, lay in bed and watch and listen to the storm as it continues to roll in from the next county over), as I must get up at 6:00am because we are traveling to see the family tomorrow and are leaving at 7:30; wahoo. Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't that I incorporated it, so much as expanded on my own thoughts, and attempts to figure out life. But regardless, I am glad you had fun and they let you go. I am also glad that I am a challenge for you. My true emotions are like a rubix cube wrapped in a sudoku burried under a mass of unsolved algorithms. Solve them if you dare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I dare... I SO dare... =P

    ReplyDelete