Monday, May 25, 2009

A New Chapter Begins... as an old book closes...

Well, my life has changed forever.

Tuesday May 19, 2009 began the newest chapter in my life; mom and dad finally broke and kicked me out (although I went willingly), a phone call to Jake was made, and three hours later I was in Short Pump with Jake, Mike, and Stephen in my new home. Yes, Home.... As Mike said, "Home is where the heart is, so this has been your home for a while." Oh how right he is... It has been only five days since I've moved in, and already it feels like I've been here forever. My new family- that's what Jake, Stephen, and Mike are to me, family- has been so supportive and understanding and so much more than I could ever have asked them to be... from just taking me in on a whim to taking care of me as I've been sick, giving me rides home and medicine and back rubs and whatnot, and even long discussions about life and the possibilities of the future.

Thursday May 21, 2009 was a very happy day, and a day that opened a whole hall of doors that are one by one being opened and explored. Mike asked me out Thursday morning, as we were lying in his bed talking and whatnot. Naturally, I said yes; he's only what I've been waiting, hoping, and praying for since like, forever. But that day also allowed me to get something off of my chest that had been stewing for a long time- before, I could admit this thought only in my mind. I could not verbalize it to anyone, yet I could say the same words in a different context to different people and have no problem doing so. And yet, that day the blocks came down, and I was finally able to say that I loved him... that I love Mike.. and the best part is that he loves me, too... he said it when we went to watch the sunset on our hill... I just smiled and kissed him and told him that I loved him, too. I know it was a huge deal for him to admit that to me, and I know that it took a lot. We don't say it often, because we want it to be special- each time we say it we want it to feel like the first time we heard those words.... but I know how he feels because it radiates from him like the rays from the sun; I can see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice, and feel it in his touch. I also hear it in his thoughts... the connection that him and I have is spectacular, and unlike anything I've ever experienced before; I'm used to having somewhat telepathic bonds with Eliza, or my mother, but never have I had one with a guy-friend, let alone a boyfriend. I find it fascinating the way Mike and I understand each other so deeply, and I am thankful for the bond we have. Hell, I'm thankful for him, period.

Graduation was fun; Eliza picked me up Thursday night and we drove to school Friday morning for rehearsal. We picked up Bobbie and went to CVS and Fabric Hut looking for stuff to decorate our caps before Eliza's parents treated us to a Graduation Lunch at Roma's. From there, the three of us went back to Eliza's house to get my stuff before we met Jake and Mike at the park in Louisa. We hung out there for an hour or so before Eliza and I had to leave to get ready for Graduation at the High School. After the ceremonies, I met up with Grandmother, Uncle, Aunt Netnet, and Mawmaw, courtesy of Mike (I had tried to look for them after I found them in the stadium, but with over 2,000 people there, it was highly chaotic. I introduced Mike to my family, and they all really like him, which made me happy. We said our goodbyes and then headed towards the vehicles. Bobbie rode with Jake over to Eliza's, Stephen followed Jake, and Mike and I rode in Eliza's truck. The truck got stuck on the hill, and had to be pulled out by some guy in a jacked-up truck with a hitch and chains. We all met at Eliza's (after getting gas) and ate ice cream cake, which was uber-yummy. We stargazed (and saw a meteor shower), jumped on the trampoline, zip-lined, ate, ninja-ed, climbed trees, and just had an awesome time overall. We stayed the night there, which was interesting. The six of us were scattered all over Twin's house, heheheh. Saturday, Mike, Bobbie, Eliza, me, and Stephen all went swimming out in Bumpass at Stephen's parents' house... the water was freezing at first, but it was still fun. After Twin and Bobbie (our new Twiplet<3) left for Jemar's party, Stephen took Mike and I down to The Cove to go swimming in Lake Anna.... my first time in the lake ever. Ever. I was a bit of a frady cat at first, but then after some coaxing, and my 'ah, screw it' nature, I decided (probably against my better judgment) to go ahead and go into the slightly radioactive water and swim, risking infection of my piercing and the possibility of an attack from a water moccasin. But it was so much fun after that initial 'fear' went away, and the beauty of the place won me over. Besides, I had Mike and Stephen, which made it so much better. We came home after that, chilled, and then I took some medicine (courtesy of my amazing boyfriend<3) and went to bed.

Sunday May 24, 2009 was another good day. Mike and I went to church; I liked it a lot (except for the fact that I had a coughing fit and an old lady in front of us turned around and handed me a friggin' peppermint like I was the old lady that is almost always coughing during the service... but, that annoyance aside, it was a sweet gesture and one that I was thankful for) and am looking forward to going again this Sunday with him. It's very quaint, but it's welcoming and reminds me of MBC back at my parents' house. We came home and I napped, and then I made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn for dinner. Mike ran out to grab a meat thermometer, and then later we went swimming in the pool for a bit. Stephen brought 'Taken' home and I watched it with him (Mike was tired and so I 'let' him sleep). It was a really good movie. After it was over, I asked Stephen something, and we wound up having a long conversation about a lot of things: Rose, life, the future.... he kinda told me what I had already a) come to known and figure out, and b)what could possibly happen depending on which position I took. I really enjoy talking to him- Stephen is my big brother that I never had, and he's really easy to talk to about things that I normally wouldn't talk to people about. We finally went to bed at quarter after three, at which point in time I had a huge coughing fit and wound up almost puking in Jake's bathroom. Stephen came to check on me and then he helped me get to sleep by patting my back to help loosen up the mucus in my chest. He stayed with me for about fifteen minutes. I slept really good for a few hours, before I wound up coughing again and then used my own remedy (bread and a teaspoon of sugar spread over it) to help me suppress my coughing. Apparently, Mike came out and watched me sleep for a bit, rubbing my arm and head and then kissing my forehead before going back to bed... he's such a sweetheart, and I really do love him. As I'm typing this, he's sitting in front of me, counting my penny collection from Poppy...<3

Today has been interesting to say the least, heheheh. There is somewhat of a joke (though it is extremely serious in nature because the possibility actually exists if everything works out somehow, someway) that Mike and I are 'married' because of quite a few things that pose interesting circumstances. Such as making dinner and only him and I are in the apartment, and he's watching me cook, helping when I ask, and standing behind me rubbing my back and shoulders as I cut up chicken; or saying 'Dear' when I'm in the other room, only to ask me to help him fold and put away his clothes; or, asking me if I can wash his while he's at work; or saying 'be careful' as he's walking out the door to go to work; or the million other things that, since we live together, we have already experienced or are bound to experience. Basically, I played House all day, heheheheh, but I didn't mind. It's been fun, actually...

And now fish sticks are ready, and it's ten til nine, and I'm hungry, so I'm going to go eat now.

Meanwhile, Mike is still counting my pennies-- he'll be a while =P

No comments:

Post a Comment