Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day-- Old Post

The sea tosses the ship about in the storm, the strong gales steering it further off of its original course. The vessel gets thrown carelessly around, as it rises and falls with the rocking motion of the waves it rides. The sky around the ship is blackened by the nor’easter, blocking out the stars so that no navigational measures can be taken. Lightning crashes all around while thunder cracks overhead. The monsoon-like rains attack the ship’s deck, bombarding the ship with all the force gravity could muster. For days it seems this battle rages on, though it hasn’t even been one since the storm began. For days, the ship is lost at sea; no communication system, no navigational tools, nothing. Can the Captain sail home safely without hurting his crew?
-----------

I went fishing on Sunday- Mother’s Day. It was a lot of fun. The weather was beyond perfect for the day’s activities. We headed out to Culpeper to fish Doug’s pond out at the shop. Steve was there, which was a pleasant surprise. I didn’t find out until last minute that he was going to be there… I haven’t seen him since September of last year… Anywho. I digress. The family and I hung out at the shop for a bit talking to Doug and Steve and Kevin; Brandon tried to tag-team with Steve to tickle me. They backed me into the corner of the shop in between the cabinets and the four-wheelers; not cool. Luckily though, I was able to dodge them, otherwise that would’ve been disastrous for me. And Steve. He would have come out after tickling me looking worse than a he would have if a cat had gotten hold of him, the way my nails are right now…. He showed me his apartment that he’s working on above the shop; It’s coming along nicely. He still has to finish the drywall, add plumbing and light fixtures, the ceiling, finish the flooring, and of course paint. He asked me to come out one day and help him, I told him that I would when I had the chance. After seeing how he cut the drywall, he needs all the help he can get *chuckle* We went back downstairs, Brandon in tow, and then the family and I went down to the pond. Doug came later, and Kevin brought his mom down on his own four-wheeler. I went to my own little spot on the pond and started fishing away from everyone else. Steve had gone joyriding on his four-wheeler for a bit, before joining us down at the pond. He came over and fished next to me. The stupid idiot kept crossing our poles… and naturally it was on purpose. Same old same old… you know how it goes. *smirk* I caught the first fish though- a HUGE catfish, his head was the size of a small cantaloupe. Steve had to help me get him on-shore; I fought the damn thing for nearly 15 minutes…he ended up swallowing my hook. Steve tried to get it out as I held the fish, but to no avail. So we kept the fish for dinner (which, by the way, was delicious). I got a few more bites but caught nothing else. Of course, I had the BIGGEST fish of the day on my line, but just before I could get him so that Steve could get the fish in the net, the line broke. Go figure. We took a snack break after that. It was nice to sit and catch up- I have only talked to him three times since the beginning of February. We both have been extremely busy in this wonderful thing called life. Later, after a brief moment of embarrassment (being a girl sucks, let me tell you), we finished fishing and put our poles and tackle up; mine in my parent’s truck bed and Steve in the Mule’s cargo area. Brandon rode with Doug up to the shop in the Mule; I rode on the four-wheeler with Steve. He was careful, though he did “accidentally” run into mud puddles- I looked like a freaking Dalmatian when we pulled up into the shop and parked. Mom geeked; Dad shook his head and laughed. Steve and I were rolling with laughter though. We cleaned up to the best of our abilities and then spent some more time talking and such. It was a very pleasant day overall. And then my PMS kicked in, sending me in a slight spiral in which I became antisocial and yeah.

To you: Do not fear him. You know where I stand.

1 comment:

  1. You know i needed that last sentence after that whole thing, but I am glad you had fun. I am listening to Build me up buttercup. Its a good song. its going off now tho, on to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete