Sometimes, one cannot help but think about their past and the long, hard road they took to get to the point in their life that they are currently at; it's human nature. We are faced with numerous decisions each and every day, and each decision that we make, we must be able to live with the consequences that ensue. Our pasts are not meant to haunt us, but rather are meant to teach us lessons. We as a human race collectively have regrets that we like to tuck away into the deepest corners of our mind, concealed by other, happier memories and sealed with lock and key. It is only natural to feel this way. I myself have quite a few things that I am not proud of, but then I sit back and think of how different my life would be right now if I had not done those things, and sometimes, the answer surprises me. It's not a question of "life would be better if..." but more of a statement and thought that life would just be different. We hold in our own eyes, mind, and heart the idea of what would be "better" essentially; it is this ideal that forms doubt. I say, don't doubt the past or the future, live for the moment and decide what you want now, here, today, this very moment- because it is that decision that will shape you and then, after it is made, becomes a part of your past, so you may continue learning and shaping your future, one decision at a time.
---------------------
Michael, you are amazing in every way, shape, and form. I cannot thank God enough for the relationship that you and I have. Though we've been through Hell and back, it seems like there is nothing to stop us from our goal of continual love and support for each other; not even the Devil himself. Life may throw obstacles left and right, but when you're in love, anything is possible, especially if you have Faith. Fight your battles as they come, but just know (as you already do) that I am always going to be here for you, Mike- as your lover and your friend.
Always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you, and I will always be here for you, to hold you and to offer you a shoulder to cry on and a face to smile with/at. My life would not be "better" because I am sure that had I not made the choices I did, I would not have even gone to Virginia. You and Ares are the only two things I truly value that I have scooped up out of VA. Yup, I scooped the god of War up and dragged him to RI... I have definitely learned from my past and will continue to learn as I look back, and learn what I want to do with the choices ahead...
ReplyDelete