Well, it's been quite a few weeks since I have last blogged... I've been lazy and haven't done it, because I've been too focused on other things in my life right now and have been running myself ragged trying to get them done, so I apologize.
This is my first blog from Rhode Island. August 2nd finally came, and with it, my new life began. Packing all of my stuff wasn't hard at all. Visiting family, I kept myself composed...mostly. Realizing that my last 'free' night in Virginia with Mike was my last 'free' night, I kinda lost it. Realizing that my last day in Virginia was my last day.... and that the next morning, we would be leaving... yeah... I lost it completely standing in the apartment with Mike.
We got up at 4AM and left by 5AM- I drove with Anna up through Maryland and onto the turnpike... then switched and let Theresa drive the rest of the way. We made good time- just over ten hours... we got slowed up due to rain and traffic.
Passed by Quantico on the way up... I wanted to stop by, but knew I wouldn't be fit to drive if we did. I was just happy to pass the Cemetery one more time... sorta some closure, you know? I had stopped by Pop's grave before I left Fredericksburg, but didn't have the gas to drive to Quantico and back to Richmond before leaving... so I didn't get to stop by Grandfather's grave. I know he understands, and that he is with me always...
My favorite part of the trip was a bittersweet one: I can honestly say that I left Virginia. We crossed from DC to Maryland via bridge, and as I reached the top of the bridge, the sun burst out of the clouds and I saw the 'Welcome to Maryland' sign...
Stayed at Mike's that night. Haven't spent a day without seeing him since, heheheh.
Aunt Marta and Uncle Eddie are absolutely amazing. They understand that I want my freedom, but that I also am willing to help out here and there around the house and whatnot. I have a key and permission to come and go as I please... their only rule is that Mike cannot sleep over... yet.... ;)
I went blueberry picking with Aunt Marta a few days ago... it was fun. Then, I went to what's known as Waterfire... it is a really cool event that takes place in Providence- they light basins in the canal on fire using oil and wood, and make a big to-do about it. There's music and bands and vendors, and even a gondola! It's so beautiful... I'm really glad that Mike took me to it. It was quite romantic. Raquel and Italo met us there later that night... we walked all over Providence- I had to take my heels off because they were wearing thin from all of the walking... not fun. We ate at Johnny Rocket's before heading home at 1AM... then Mike and I got up for church the seven hours later. THAT was fun... ;)
Church was good... I am becoming more comfortable with the 'newer' church lifestyle. I guess when you've gone to a 'traditional' church for a long time, you just get used to it.
Mike and I went to the beach- Scarborough, I believe it was called. Nice place. We took the bus after walking all across Providence to catch it (with a cooler, boogie boards, and more in tow)... missed the two buses we needed, and waited for the third one. We got to the beach and spent maybe forty minutes there before getting back on the bus and heading back to Providence. We later spent some time in my car... before grabbing something to eat at the mall and heading home.
Applied for jobs... no luck though. Got accepted at CCRI... but I need a job ASAP or else I won't be able to go.
Hung out with Matthew for a while yesterday... went to Walmart and a few other places... I had needed to be home, but it's whatever... I got to see Mike, so it was all good. He had work for the first day yesterday- got a job at New York System... pretty cool. Played baseball with them both, went swimming with them both, and just had a fun time overall... minus the arguing that had ensued just as I got there and more after I got home later that night. But, the issues are being resolved ever so slightly... I just hope that the feeling I had last night doesn't creep up on me again... not going to bed until 3AM and then waking up at 9AM isn't pleasant, especially when you had nightmares of the one you love leaving you all night.
Justin, Mike's cousin, just texted me, wanting me to call him about a job he had found for me. I need to call his dad tomorrow to discuss it. Ah, it's good to have people- family- that have your back when you need them to. Thankfully, Mike has a big family, heheheh.
Today, Mike and I went to the mall to the movie theaters there. We watched the new 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' movie... pretty sweet film. Then we went to the post office to mail out a package... and then we went to visit my Aunt Florence and Uncle Charlie for a bit. Afterwards, we went to my house to attempt to finish 'The Matrix' (we had started it a day or two ago)... still have 40 mins. left or so. I took Mike home and then came back here. Full day, if I do say so myself.
I get internet tomorrow! *does happy dance* >(^.^)< But... the guy is coming between 8AM and 12PM so... I'm not looking forward to waking up early (-.-) And it's supposed to take 8+ hours to install. I have places to be tomorrow... so I'm having them install the internet first and foremost... since they'll need my computer (because it's a desktop) to install to. Lucky me.
Anyway, going clubbing Thursday night with Mike, Raquel, and Italo.... I'm really looking forward to it ^^ And Friday I really want to go to West Warwick, so that I can see TAPS HQ and possibly Grant or Jason. I've been following them on Twitter... pretty interesting to say the least heheheh.
But now I am going to stop typing... my fingers are sore.
Good night ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment