Thursday, August 13, 2009

Feelin' This

Today was uber-long. Woke up, rushed over to Mike's because he wanted to hold me before he went to work, and then took him to work. Came back home, watched most of '27 Dresses' (good movie by the way) and then got a call from Justin, saying that he had set up an interview for me with his dad... I did not want this, so I rushed to get ready, and headed out to talk to Mike. Got side-tracked on the way to N.Y. System by places that were hiring, and so I filled out quite a few apps. today.... Before I ran back to Pawtucket, I ran up and down Mineral Spring Ave. looking for places to apply. Found a cute (and new) cafe- they weren't hiring, but I put my name down for the guy; really nice older man... said he'd give me a call if things did pick up before Labor Day. Ran back to Pawtucket, got ready for tonight, and went back over to Mike's... stayed at his house for a bit, talked with him and Matthew (the two of us played Fashion Police as Mike tried on different outfit combos...fun), and of course, Mrs. Blais when she came home. We left and went into Providence to a club called Roxy.... pretty sweet place- wicked cool atmosphere. Mike and I found another couple and the four of us were the first ones in the club and on the dance floor... we danced nonstop for roughly thirty minutes or so before sitting down for five minutes to rest a bit. Lots of skimpy outfits and dresses... a lot of people came later on ... the place was PACKED. A group or two of lesbians/bisexual girls came and were dancing around us and doing a bunch of sexual things to each other.... pretty interesting. A fight broke out between two black guys... kinda cool to watch; I knew that Mike would want to get and and try to stop it, so I held him back, but he had me because he didn't want me to get hit, and so we kept each other out of harm's way, heheheh. We stayed for almost two hours... dancing 95% of the time. Not bad for a first-time clubber =P Drove Mike home, but took a detour on the way there.... we sure know how to fog up some windows *grins* But... poor thing had a really bad headache afterwards, so he wasn't too happy and just wanted sleep... =( I tucked him in though, so it's all good.

My way home was terrifying. Utterly, blatantly terrifying. I don't think I had ever been as scared in a car as I was tonight. I literally almost peed myself from terror... let alone the near-hypervenalation and fighting back tears and shreaks of panic... I had just pulled up to a stoplight on Branch Ave. a few blocks before the Dunkin Donuts... I heard tires squealing and a lot of noise... suddenly, a car carreens around the corner of the road in front of me, going about 80mph... with no headlights, the hood of the car nearly torn off but was blocking the windshield, the front-end was torn to hell, and the radiator was spewing steam and shit.... I thought for sure he was going to hit me.... but that wasn't the end of it. Behind that car was another car- all black, super-tinted windows, and he was following the guy and was like, right on his ass.... my light turned green and after a split second of 'OH MY GOSH!' mode, I stepped on the pedal, still hearing the car and squealing tires in the distance, and proceeded home... I passed a cop and considered telling him what I had just witnessed, but was just too scared to stop my car.

I made it home safe and sound, a little shaken, but I'm alright. I'll tell Mike about this tomorrow... or later today, technically, since it's 2:16AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment