Each new day brings about a series of unprecedented events that ultimately lead to one of two options: Success or Failure. As of late, I have been experiencing both. Success has been found in my quest for happiness and that quest continues to grow and expand in this realm of life. Failure has been experienced in matters concerning the family dynamic; aside from my grandmothers, aunts, and uncle, my immediate family has all but (pardon the expression, it is perhaps a bit too fatalist, but it fits) left me to die on my own. Excommunicated, banished from my former home, and practically disowned, the relationship that used to exist between my parents and I has more than gone down the drain...it's gone all the way down to the core of my being and has rocked that core so hard that an earthquake of a 9.0 magnitude couldn't even come close to how I've felt these last few days. The reasons behind this exile go far and beyond retardation; why my mom sees fit to constantly criticize all that I do and put words and actions in my mouth and body, I have no idea. All I know is that this is MY life now, not hers. It has never been hers, and it never will be. I will never be like her... I will never do what she has done or say the things she has said. I will never destroy my family. I refuse. Of those things, I am certain... dead certain.
After being home alone for a while now, getting phone calls and job applications done, along with some side cleaning and laundry... I must go and pick Mike up from work. He gets off at 2PM and it is now 1:53...good thing he only works right down the road.
I shall write more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment